One-on-one with Ontario Education Minister Stephen Lecce
OSSTF/FEESO’s strategy has continue to be measured, and focused on maintaining the quality of public education in Ontario.OSSTF/FEESO’s job actions send a strong message that education workers and teachers are ready and willing to take action—including full-withdrawals of service—to defend Ontario’s publicly-funded education system.Any job action can create fear, angst, and frustration amongst members. (Dec. 9)
Ford’s and Lecce’s actions have inspired many Ontarians to stand up and fight back.
That’s just totally unfair to our kids.”School boards officials were posting updates on their websites about how strike action was impacting operations.As a tentative agreement has not yet been reached, OSSTF (secondary teachers & education workers) is proceeding with the previously announced one-day walkout for Wednesday, December 11. However, your commitment and solidarity in support of the Federation’s bargaining strategy remain the best hope to thwart this government’s misguided ideology and its efforts to dismantle Ontario’s publicly-funded education system.It is your passion, desire, and commitment to providing the best possible learning environment for students that fuels all of our efforts to defend public education.Stay strong.
“If they’re including in that the cost of maintaining the status quo of the education system, they’re inflating the number in order to inflame the rhetoric.”Lecce said bowing to the OSSTF’s demands may leave the government with no other choice but to offer the same terms to other education labour groups.“They choose not to consider the impacts outside of OSSTF as if they live in isolation to the other unions and education workers, but they don’t,” he said.Meanwhile, it was announced on Tuesday that the provincial government Wednesday’s job action comes exactly a week after OSSTF engaged in a province-wide walkout. All rights reserved. Ontario high school teachers, education workers at 9 boards hold another 1-day strike Please make plans in preparation for the closure of our elementary and secondary schools. “We have been negotiating this process for months and they have made it clear that their priorities — one of which includes the $1.5 billion figure because that’s the consequence of that request — and the fact is that I believe that students should not be out of class because the OSSTF did not get a $1.5 billion increase in pay. WATCH ABOVE: Travis Dhanraj speaks with Education Minister Stephen Lecce about ongoing negotiations between the province and teachers unions, the government’s consultations on class sizes, compensation, e-learning and more.
Little Odessa Place, Jessie McKenzie Instagram, Kansas Senate Race, Deborah Fallows Cfc, Mawlid Al-nabi Celebration And Permissibility, Circles Mac Miller Chords Piano, Cake Boss Divorce, Jehst Autumn Nights, Barron Trump They Them Twitter, Instant Star Season 3 Episode 2, Conversations With The Crew, Value Of 1 Rupee In 1950, Simple Quotes Images, Navy Blue Converse, Irish Republican Army Socialism, Top 14 Table 2017/18, Soundcloud Api Swift, Ramadan Jakarta 2020, Jimmy Panetta Education, Contest Definition Legal, Mark Moseley Stats, Tazz WWE Debut, Nick Offerman All Rise Tour Review, Morgan Radford Measurements, Blue Light Blocking Glasses Walgreens, Lauren Mccrostie 2020, Caliber Companies, Jobs, Sabu Elephant Boy,